Cultured Dairy Products Technology & Ingredient Innovations
Phillip S. Tong, Ph.D – Professor, Dairy Products Technology Center California Polytechnic State University
Thierry Saint-Denis, Ph.D – R&D Director Danone North America
Prof. Tong will review:
- What consumers seek in dairy foods
- How cultured milk products fit these consumer interests
- The demand for high-protein and full-fat dairy foods
- The challenges facing marketers and manufacturers.
- The science and technology aiding the cultured products industry
Dr. Saint-Denis will present a case study of Dannon’s new Oikos Triple Zero yogurt, which has no added sugar, no artificial sweeteners and no fat. He’ll speak about:
- Identifying opportunities in dairy-based foods
- Developing and formulating the product
- Selling the idea to retailers.
- Manufacturing the yogurt
- Adjusting to consumer feedback.